Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A Righteous Desire

"But behold, if ye will awake and arouse your faculties, even to an experiment upon my words, and exercise a particle of faith, yea, even if ye can no more than desire to believe, let this desire work in you, even until ye believe in a manner that ye can give place for a portion of my words." - Alma 32:27

This scripture has brought a new meaning to me as of last Saturday. Sometimes a "desire to believe" is the only thing I can muster. Especially when I am struggling to find my faith. As long as I have the desire and I am letting that desire grow inside me, I'm okay. God understands that I struggle sometimes with having faith and trust in him. I don't have to believe right at the start, I just need to have that "desire to believe."

No comments: