Tuesday, November 12, 2013

My taste of heaven.


Last night all five of us were gathered in the living room. My roommate was getting a blessing from a good friend of hers. As she was being blessed, a thought came to mind that I needed one too. This thought had come to my mind several times throughout the day, but I chose to ignore it earlier. But I just couldn't shake the feeling this time around. Then a miracle happened.  
Does anyone else need a blessing?
Um....yes! One by one we all got a Priesthood blessing and it was special! I remember sitting down in the chair feeling overwhelmed and not sure how it was going to go. He placed his hands on my head and a peaceful feeling washed over me. What was unique about this blessing was that this guy didn't even know who I was. He didn't know me and he didn't know what was going on in my life. But that didn't matter, because Priesthood blessings come from God. It was a beautiful blessing and just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes. It was so specific and catered to me. God was so aware of me more than I could've imagined possible. For those few minutes, I felt like I was wrapped up in his arms. He counseled me and told me what I needed to do, but he also told me he loved me. It was beautiful! It was exactly what I needed and He told me exactly what I needed to hear.
After all of us got a blessing, we talked about how our experience. We talked about how much we appreciated each other and how each blessing was special and catered to us. We grew together as an apartment. The spirit was so strong! We all wanted to be better. Our desire to serve those in our ward burned within us. We immediately took action and made some goals. We carried out our first task and it was successful! It was a wonderful way to end our Monday!

No comments: