Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Awesome Sauce

Good news! I am going to be an aunt for the 12th time!!! My sister in-law is having a baby boy in October! I'm super duper excited! It's crazy to think that I'm going to have 12 nieces and nephews! What the junk?! My oldest niece is going to be 12 in three months! I must be getting older, because last time I checked, she was a chunky one year old. I love being an aunt! I love my nieces and nephews oh so much! They are so fun and full of life! Each one is so different and so fun to be around. I love having one on one time with each of them. The best thing about being an aunt is being able to spoil them like crazy! Yup, anything goes when it comes to Aunty Marlisa!

On another note, I'd like to blog about this talk for a little bit. I love this talk by Elder D. Todd Christofferson! It really touched me! There have been countless times when I have felt like the Lord was holding me back from a lot of things. I admit, I've been frustrated and have complained about how I am constantly being cut back from things. Then I read this chapter in The Book of Mormon. And I was humbled.

After my freshman year of school, I moved back home in hopes of finding a summer job. I applied at so many places in hopes that I would get a great job. I filled out countless applications, sat through dozens of interviews and still, no job. I was so frustrated that so many of my friends were getting jobs, and I wasn't. I went the whole summer, depressed and unemployed. One week in August, I got a job interview as a cashier at Walmart. My friend who worked at the Cedar Hills store told me that once you get an interview, you got the job. Working at Walmart wasn't a place that I wanted to work at, but it was job and I was just so glad that I had it. I was able to save up my money and move down to Provo the following January.

I worked as a cashier up until June 2010, and then I got promoted to work in the accounting office. I felt so blessed for the promotion and pay raise. Little did I know that from June 2010-February 2011, I was going to go through one of the hardest trials of my life. When I was working at Walmart in the Accounting office, I was so miserable! My work hours were W, TH, Sat from 5-9 in the morning and Sunday from 5-2. Not having Sunday's off, was so hard. I finally decided in September that I would start applying at Wells Fargo because I had the cash handling experience. I had so many interivews with Wells and nothing good came out of it.

One night my best friend and I were job hunting online and we came across a teller opening for The Bank of American Fork. I was hesitant to apply, but my best friend wouldn't take 'no' for an answer. So I applied. I got an interview for a part time teller position in Spanish Fork. The Operations Manager there loved me, but unfortunately I didn't get the job. She however sent in my application to HR and put in a great recommendation for me. I got a call for an interview for a full-time float teller position for the AF branch. I went through the interview process and then got called for a second interview. I wanted this job so badly! I was praying like crazy that everything would work out. I got a call one Friday and found out that I had gotten the job! I was so excited!

Now that I've been working for BAF for nearly 3 months, I look back and am so grateful! I feel so blessed to have gone through what I did. All the tears,pain, and the exhaustion was worth it. God may have cut me off at the beginning, but he made me stronger and gave me my dream job! I feel so blessed! God is so good to me!

No comments: