Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Sick Day

It was one of those days today. Gilmore Girls, endless tissues, orange juice, and herbal tea. I laid in bed pretty much all day. My mind spent a lot of time hashing and re-hashing things. I don't think I've had this much time to think about my life. And because I am sick, I tend to be more sensitive. However, I was at peace today. Through all the analyzing and contemplation I did today, I felt peaceful. I was able to get "closure" for myself on several things and that was good. I also came across these gems that I wanted to share:


Letting go is NOT an easy thing for me. I've been "de-junking" my life lately. Letting go of things that were too heavy for me to carry. It's been hard, but I keep going. The atonement has been something I have been using as I let go. Its healing power has been everything my heart has needed to get through the pain. It's been a beautiful process and the weight on my shoulders heart has begun to lift. 


I really like Neal A. Maxwell. His words are very consoling in a blunt sort of way. If I make myself available to the Lord and I prove to him that I depend on him, he strengthens me. Enough said. 


I was thinking about this in the perspective of God saying this to me. The gospel makes us uncomfortable so that we can grow. 


This one hit me like a ton of bricks a few weeks ago. In the words of John Mayer, "Say what you need to say." Don't let those important words go unsaid. 

Also while I've been laying here all day, I've been listening to some music and this song came on. Enjoy and happy Tuesday!