Sunday, June 27, 2010

David's Faith

I loved the lessons I learned at church today. I learned about Faith and how it takes action. It made such a smooth transition into sunday schools lesson about David and Goliath. David had such great faith when it came to facing Goliath. One thing that I really took to heart was that I really doesn't matter how big/small or hard the "Goliaths" in my life are, because when I excercise faith in God, I can be victorious!

" There are Goliaths all around you, hulking giants with evil intent to destroy you...But you need not fear if you have the slingshot of truth in your hands. You have been counseled and taught and advised. You have the stones of virtue and honor and integrity to use against these enemies who would like to conquer you...You can triumph over them by discipling yourselves to avoid them. Victory will be yours...You have His power within you to sustain you." -President Gordon B. Hinckley

No comments: