Thursday, August 11, 2011

"Come what may and love it"


Yesterday was a long day. It started off waking up earlier than usual, getting dressed for the day, throwing a salad together for my work luncheon, and starting a load of laundry before 8:30 a.m. and ended with me going to bed at 3:30 this morning. Today I have cleaning checks, so I spent roughly seven hours cleaning last night. Normally this cleaning check wouldn't take so long, but since I'm moving apartments tomorrow, I had to clean extra, EXTRA good. I would have been able to go to bed earlier, but it broke my heart that my roommate had to stay up to clean. (She had been on a date and didn't get home until 12:30 a.m., so she was just beginning.) I knew she was already exhausted, so hey, why not help her out so things will go faster?


As I was cleaning, I kept having negative thoughts about failing my cleaning checks and just having a really bad day. We don't get re-checks this round, so if I failed, I would have to pay $25 fee to have someone clean my job. ($25 may not seem like a lot, but $25/hr is!) And running on roughly 4 hours of sleep is an added bonus!


Amidst all the negative thinking, a thought came to my mind, "Come what may and love it." Sound familiar? (Please refer to this talk.)


Today has the high potential of being a bad day. And if so, I just might write my own version of, "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day". Just kidding. I've decided to be positive and optimistic regardless of what comes my way! So today, my motto is "Come what may and love it."

No comments: