Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day Nine

I am grateful for the Book of Mormon. I feel like the Church has been emphasizing the importance of the Book of Momon and gaining a testimony of it. I am in the process of reading it before the end of the year. Last night, I just couldn't put down the book! I just finished reading about the prophet Abinadi. He is one of my favorite prophets! His courage and conviction to preach to King Noah really testified to me that I too, want to stand as a witness of Christ. Growing up, I took for granted reading my scriptures. Sure, I would read the Book of Mormon, but I never really studied it. Now that I'm older, I've grown to love it. It's teachings bring me happiness and hope. Especially now as I'm going through challenging experiences. My testimony grows a little each time I read. I was challenged by my home teacher to read the Book of Mormon (specifically) for thirty days. That thirty days is quickly coming to a close, but I can't express to you the difference it has made in my life. I feel like my testimony of this wonderful book has grow ten fold! I know that this book is true! I have read it, prayed to know it's truthfulness, and have benefited from it. I admire those brave prophets for being obedient to Lord and keeping and preserving these records. I feel the power of their personal testimonies as I read the Book of Mormon! They are brave men and I can't wait to shake their hands and thank them for keeping themselves worthy and being obedient. I am so, so, so grateful for the Book of Mormon!

1 comment:

Monica said...

Thanks for sharing your testimony of the Book of Mormon! I need to do better at reading it :)