Thursday, October 18, 2012

A drive down memory lane...

The other day, I drove down my old neighborhood in PG. It was weird being there. My favorite house that I grew up in looks so different. The whole area looks different. I loved that house! I grew up there. My childhood memories are there. From hiking to "Molly's hill," to playing "house" in my playhouse. The yard that my parents worked so hard on looks really terrible! If I could, I would buy that house. It's my dream house! Unfortunately, due to many conflicts with our neighbors, my family moved when I was 11. Oh the memories! They kept flooding back as I continued driving. I remember building forts in the foothills. I remember hiking to the "crystal pits." I grew up in a big house. Lots of space to play. I remember playing on the top deck. My brother Levi would lock us out there for hours. We later outsmarted him and would climb through my bedroom window. We had an orchard and big garden. There was a basketball hoop, a play house, and a ginormous field. We had the perfect view of the Timpanogos Temple. It was beautiful, especially at night! We had a big "fruit room" or storage room in the basement. Like I said, so many memories.
I started reflecting myself as a little girl. I remember dreaming about who I was going to be when I grew up. I didn't see myself where I am today. I was so little. I was so innocent. Yet, I was so naive. I started to think about all the mistakes I had made as a little kid. And even when I was a teenager. I was so stupid! Regret began to settle in. I felt ashamed of myself. I was disappointed. I wished that I could go back and re-do everything again.
Crazy, isn't it? How I went from happy memories to bad memories so quickly. Sheesh. I do that.
I was sweetly reminded of President Dieter F. Uchtdorf's talk from general conference. I may not have been the best person then, but I can change and be better! Heavenly Father has paved a path for me to follow to become the woman He wants me to be. He has paved the way for me to become better!

"It is my testimony that many of the deepest regrets of tomorrow can be prevented by following the Savior today. If we have sinned or made mistakes—if we have made choices that we now regret—there is the precious gift of Christ’s Atonement, through which we can be forgiven. We cannot go back in time and change the past, but we can repent. The Savior can wipe away our tears of regret and remove the burden of our sins. His Atonement allows us to leave the past behind and move forward with clean hands, a pure heart, and a determination to do better and especially to become better." - President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

No comments: