Tuesday, January 7, 2014

When life gets heavy...


There are times when life gets discouraging. Yesterday was one of those days for me. I finally snapped myself out of my terrible funk and simply told myself: Marlisa, happiness is a choice. I feel like this is something that I have to constantly remind myself. I was determined to make today a beautiful day. I did things that make me happy, like cooking a healthy dinner and running a mile. I kept myself focused this afternoon and got a lot done. As I finished up cleaning the kitchen, I couldn't help but have a spring in my step and a smile on my face. I felt so happy and grateful that I couldn't help but get down on my knees and thank Heavenly Father for everything. I even made a list of all the things I was grateful for. It was magical. I love that warm fuzzy feeling you get when you know that you are happy. It's quite lovely! Happiness is a choice and I am so grateful that I made the decision to be happy today. Peace and blessings, y'all! Happy Tuesday!

No comments: