Monday, February 17, 2014

Those silly "heart to hearts" - Journal Entry Edition

"I was just minding my business, you know, Pinterest and Facebook, the usual. She came bursting through the door and freaking out. I dropped my laptop. (No big deal, it still works.) Tears were gushing from her red, swollen eyes. Oh dear. I quickly got up and embraced her. (Something I am never comfortable with.) She shared her story of her break up. I sat and listened to her for three hours. We had a "heart to heart" moment. It was nice." [September 2011]

"I have endured many awkward moments in my life, but I have to say, I think what happened today takes the cake! Holy guacamole! He created probably the most awkward moment I have had in my ENTIRE LIFE! What was weird was that it ended in a "heart to heart." I guess he needed it." [February 2012]

"I walked through the door and she was sitting on the couch. I didn't know what to do, but I could tell that she was definitely upset. So, you know, being the awkward roommate that I am, I sat down on the other couch and asked her what was wrong. I was freakin' out inside, because we don't even really know each other. I mean, she just moved in two days ago and I have only spoken to her once. She talked. I listened. My heart ached for her. It was weird, because like I said, we don't know each other. But my heart ached for her. We had a "heart to heart' moment and it was great." [August 2012]

"I think it's kind of disgusting how many "heart to heart" moments my roommates have together. It's like every other day. But each time, brings us closer together. It's quite nice." [November 2012]

"He just started sharing with me his testimony out of the blue. It was beautiful and powerful. I cried. You know me, I always cry when I feel the spirit testify of truth. I was also given the opportunity to share my testimony. Mine of course was short, simple, and to the point. He gave me a hug and thanked me for being a strength to him. Here's to "heart to hearts" and the growth they bring." [January 2013]

"I could tell he was hurting. I hadn't seen him smile or laugh very much the last couple days. The light in his eyes, seemed dim and sad.. He's usually very cheery and happy, but not lately. My heart ached for him. He's one of my closest friends and I just couldn't stand seeing him this way. I walked into my apartment and said a quick prayer. I asked for strength and guidance to know how to help him. I'm not very good at comforting boys. They are just so different than girls. Before I knew it, I was knocking on his apartment door. We talked for a bit and I gave him a quick hug and told him that I was there if needed me. Then I went home and wrote a note of encouragement. You know, something extra to help him feel good. He came by and we chatted for an hour. The smile and happiness was back. I'd say that was a "heart to heart" moment. Moral of the story: Reach out to those around you and lift them up when they're struggling. They make a difference." [February 2014]

No comments: