Monday, June 23, 2014

Day One in the City!

***Post from Monday 6/9/14***

Owl City, Sara Bareilles, Coldplay, and Norah Jones have been on repeat as I've been touring this beautiful city. It's full of culture, fresh produce, entertainment, and the best seafood! (I didn't even have any allergic reactions to the seafood, so that was a plus!)
The Aquarium was so awesome!!! If you are ever in Seattle, make sure you stop at the Aquarium! It's the best one that I've ever been too! Seriously though!
 Pikes Place Market is the BEST market ever! It's one giant farmer's market and it's amazing! I always find myself there whenever I got hungry. Seriously, you get the freshest produce for super cheap! I bought a little basket of cherry tomatoes, a small bag of carrots, and a peach to snack on! (It really helps to fuel yourself right, especially if you're walking everywhere!) I plan going back there on Friday to pick up some flower bouquets for my sweet hosts!
I got stopped by this kind gentleman, who wanted me to adopt a child in India. Then he told me that we are all on vacation from poverty. He was interesting. Unfortunately for him, I kindly declined and wished him luck. He seemed disappointed, but sorry sir. There are a few steps that I would need to do before I adopt a child from India. Maybe in the future, okay? 
It's been helpful to have a Starbucks on just about every corner of the city. I am able to charge my phone and use my laptop. (It's a good thing that the smell of coffee doesn't bother me.) I especially enjoy sitting by the window, so that I can creep observe people. (Creepily observing?) 
I love walking down to the harbor. It's very peaceful there. If you're lucky, you'll see people get attacked my seagulls. It's funny to watch, but I'm sure for them it's super unpleasant. If you look closely, you'll see fish in the murky Puget Sound water! I may or may not have freaked out with excitement when a fish jumped out right before eyes! (I also received some funny expressions from the people around me.)
Can we talk food for a bit? Like I said earlier, Seattle has the best seafood. (And I don't even really like seafood!) I had to be careful of what I ate. I'm allergic to shell fish. (Which sucks, because I love me some clam chowder!) I got super hungry and right in front of me was a seafood restaurant. I was kind of skeptical at first, but I decided that I should at least try it once. I ate some amazing fish and chips! Later, I ventured up to Pikes place and munched on produce. Then I stopped by a local sandwich shop and grabbed a sandwich for the road. It was so good!

Stay tuned for more posts on my Seattle trip.

***Authors Note: I totally had an allergic reaction to shrimp on Wednesday night. It was pleasant.***