Thursday, June 19, 2014

I am what I am - Seattle Journal Entry

***Post from last Monday 6/9***
"But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me." - 1 Cor 15:10

"As I walked the streets of downtown Seattle, I was in deep thought about who I am. I asked myself, 'Marlisa, what makes you, you?' All of a sudden, I felt inadequate. I felt my self confidence tank as my mind reviewed my past. I felt shame, I felt stupid. I felt completely worthless. I walked down to the harbor, draped myself over the railing, staring at the murky water. Oh Heavenly Father, I want to love myself! I'm trying to be a better person, but right now, I feel so crumby! Then I heard a voice, "But by the grace of God I am what I am." Tears started rolling down my cheeks. I smiled and embraced the joy that pierced my heart. I truly believe that God has been refining me in the most beautiful ways! His grace has shaped me into becoming the woman He wants me to be. How beautiful is that? His graces changes us to become our true selves. I love that!" [June 2014]


***I have so many posts that I am putting up. The following few posts are actually from my trip in Seattle. I am not posting them in order.***