Friday, June 13, 2014

Rainy Friday Tangents

***Post from last Friday***

I'm sitting here in the Starbucks on 4th Avenue and Seneca Street in downtown Seattle. It's a rainy, cold Friday. This kind of day is usually a sit at home by the window, listen to Norah Jones, and read kind of day. However, since I fly home tomorrow, I decided to hit the city with one last hurrah! Besides, I love rainy weather anyway. Give me an umbrella and a jacket and I'm good! I got into the city, ran a couple errands, picked up a burrito from Qdoba, and here I am.
I mentioned in an earlier post that I wasn't sure what Seattle had to offer. I wasn't quite sure why God made everything work out so perfectly for me to be here. Being here has really given me the chance to ponder about some things and open my heart. God and I have strengthened our relationship on a deeper and new level. He has been here with me through everything! I've been watched over and protected here. God is real. My heart is bursting with joy as I think about my Heavenly Father. He has expanded me in ways that I needed. His timing is perfect. His love is forever. His kindness is always there.
As I sit here watching people walk past, I have to wonder, do they know that God is real? Do they believe in some sort of Deity? Are they religious? How is their spiritual well-being? Do they know what I know? Have they felt some kind of peace and love?
I guess this is where missionary work comes in to play. I used to pray for the missionaries every once in a while, but now, my prayers for them are constant. They need the extra prayers, so that they can be guided to those whom the Lord has prepared. Please pray for those missionaries out in the field and for the member missionaries! They surely need them! Can you imagine what would happen if we all did our part in missionary work? I received some great advice on Sunday that had to do with member missionaries.

Be a friend - Invite a friend. 

Really though, think about it. Think of your friends. What are their qualities? What is it about your friendship that is unique? Do you love your friends, regardless of their struggles? Are you willing to bend over backwards to help them, when they need you? Are you there for them?
Here's my two cents: We are all here for the same reason. To come unto Christ, be perfected in Him, and return to our Heavenly Father. Friends build each other up. They are encouraging. They have your best interest. They don't judge you, but love you. They want to help you reach your goals. Friends work together. Woah. Friends work together! Can you imagine what the world would be like if we were all friends? I just had a thought of me sitting with all my friends and family in heaven. My heart literally is bursting with happiness! 
So then how can being a friend and inviting a friend go with missionary work? Well, think about it. Do you have a friend that you could invite to church? Is there someone that you can think of, that would have fun at family home evening or ward activity? I can think of a few. They don't have to be a non-member, it can be anyone. Extend an invitation. You never how much of a differencd you can make! 
I am excited to get home and start being a better friend and member missionay! Happy Friday, Happy Father's Day weekend, and remember God loves you!