Thursday, August 28, 2014

Pray, He is there.


I walked to campus today. It was so peaceful. I love the south of BYU campus. It's beautiful over there with the stream and the duck pond. My mind has been unsettled about a few things and I wanted to clear my mind before going to church. I prayed, but felt like God wasn't listening. I felt so discouraged and disconnected. I got to the Crabtree building for church and was still feeling iffy. I went to the third floor, sat down at a table and started reading my patriarchal blessing. The children's primary song, "A Child' Prayer" came to mind. Pray, He is there. Speak, He is listening. You are His Child. His love now surrounds you. I then got down on my knees and prayed. I felt awkward at first, but then I felt an overwhelming sense of peace embrace my heart and calm my mind. My testimony of the power of prayer has become so strong. God is always there. He always the calms the storms enough, just so that I am able to feel His love and peace.

***Post from August 17, 2014***