Thursday, August 14, 2014

Summer - Journal Entry Edition

"The heat is most certainly taking a toll on me, but I love this summer more than anything. Well maybe, a little less than ice cream. (Or a lot less.) My summer nights have been filled with night walks to the BYU track and giggle fits until the wee hours of the morning. I love summer." [July 2010]

"Trudging around in the heat has probably been the worst part about this summer. Other than that, I wouldn't pick any other place to be other than right here with these crazy kids!" [June 2011]

"We didn't know where we were going, but after driving around for a while, we found the perfect spot. I wish I had a camera to photograph the scenery! The view was incredible! Fireworks all over Utah County! It was magical!" [July 2012]

"I never expected this summer to be crazy. The adventures have just begun and yet summer is nearly over. There's just something magical about summer. I don't know what it is, but it's just magical. I don't think I will ever have a summer quite like this one." [July 2013]

"It's almost funny how I can just giggle and giggle. Perhaps it's the heat to blame. Who knows. I've traveled along the west coast, met random strangers, and been on endless ice cream trips. This summer is not what I expected it to be. It's been a roller-coaster of emotions. But I wouldn't trade this summer for anything!" [August 2014]