Sunday, September 23, 2012

Life is Fragile


"How blessed we are to have the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. It provides answers to questions concerning where we came from, why we are here, and where we will go when we pass from this life. It provides meaning and purpose and hope to our lives." - President Thomas S. Monson

My heart is full tonight. The temple dedication was powerful. I was sweetly reminded of the purpose of the Temple! My dear friend passed away tonight. The shock of it all was immediately replaced with peace and comfort. We all cried, prayed, and sang hymns together. Words could never fully describe the power of the spirit as we sang. It is something I will never forget!
My thoughts kept returning to the temple. It's through a sacred ordinance and covenant with our Heavenly Father that our families truly can be together forever. The plan of salvation is real. I was reminded of that today.
My dear friend returned home today. She is safe. I am so grateful for her and the example she has been in my life. She always had a bright, beautiful smile on her face. She was so kind to everyone. She always wanted to serve. I remember her always reminding me that she would love to help out with anything in Relief Society. I was always so impressed with her willingness to serve! There was always a wonderful spirit whenever I was around her. I am grateful that I got to know her in the past year. She is a beautiful daughter of God.
Life is fragile. It's meant to be lived. There are people to love, people to serve, and people to comfort. I only wish to serve and love those around me. Forgive those who have hurt you, reach out to those who need you, and smile! Life is beautiful and so good! We have every reason to be grateful for the life we've been given! May we never forget our purpose here on earth! We're all here for the same reason. We are not alone in this mortal journey.

I have a firm testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that my Heavenly Father knows who I am. He loves me more than I will ever know. I know that my Savior, Jesus Christ atoned for my sins. He made it possible for me to return back to my Heavenly Father. I know that plan of salvation is a plan of happiness! I know that the power of prayer is real. I know that Heavenly Father hears my prayers. He is with me when I pour out the things of my heart. I know the scriptures are true. There is a peaceful feeling I feel as I sit down to read them. I have learned so much about the Gospel and myself as I "feast upon the words." My relationship with my Heavenly Father grows each time I read them. This Gospel truly brings joy and happiness into my life!I say this in the name of our Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments: