Friday, September 21, 2012

Long Journey ahead

Life doesn't always go the way I planned. In fact, to be honest, it doesn't go my way very often. I've learned to just roll with the punches and go with the flow. If you were to ask me what my life plan was ten years ago, I would have told you that at this time in my life, I would be serving a mission. I had my life mapped out for me. School, mission, career, marriage, then motherhood. I'm sure God chuckled to himself thinking, "just you wait!" Things got jumbled up. Dreams died, new ones were born. Friends came and friends left. Goals and desires are different now. I am not where I thought I would be. I didn't even see myself to be where I am at this time in my life.
I look back and think of all the stupid things I've done and said. I really was immature back in the day. I often wish I could go back and change the past.
When it all boils down to it, none of this matters. The Lord has me here right now. That's what matters. I had to learn from my mistakes. That's where the growth takes place. I am still learning. The Lord throws experiences in to my life, so that I can learn and grow. I am on my way to becoming the young woman He wants me to be.
I have a long journey ahead of me. Changes that still need to be made, lessons to be learned, and people to love and serve. "That by small and simple things are great things brought to pass." (Alma 37:6) Changes are gradual. Little by little and step by step, I will become what the Lord wants me to become. Hand in Hand always with my Heavenly Father. Always.

No comments: