Sunday, May 11, 2014

A Tribute to Women


Today is a day to celebrate all women! I am not a feminist by any means, but I truly believe that women are powerful and beautiful! We are all daughters of God and we all have a divine nature!
When I think of the amazing women in my life, I am always astounded by them. I really am surrounded by strong women. My own mother for example is my rock! She truly is one of a kind! My sisters are also mothers and they are just as wonderful. My two grandmothers are amazing and are so wise! And my birth mother; she is truly an inspiration to me. It was hard for her to give me away, but she knew it was best. She gave me a life full of opportunity! I am eternally grateful for her and I love her!
I believe that women are very influential! We bond in such unique ways. We are intuitive. I believe that each woman has a mother's love, even if she doesn't have kids. We are warm and kind. We follow our hearts. We love. Our love is powerful. 
I believe that each one of us have divine qualities from our Heavenly Mother. I look forward to the day when I can give her a hug. That's going to be a GREAT moment!
I have been surrounded by such wonderful examples of motherhood and being a wife. I've been writing down qualities that I want to develop, so that I can be a strong mother and wife. My mom is a perfect example and one that I look up to. She supports my dad and stands by him in EVERYTHING!!! She loves him unconditionally. She will go out of her way to do things for him. She is also a great mother and grandmother. She loves all her kids and grand kids. She's very spiritual and has a firm testimony. She taught each on of us kids to work hard. More importantly, she taught us the gospel. We always had family scripture study, family prayer, family dinner, and family home evening. She always shared with us her testimony of the gospel. She encourages us every step of the way. She believes that people can change and has a firm testimony about the atonement and its healing power. She's a rock of a woman, I tell you what!
Here's to all of you women out there! Keep being amazing!
         
                        Happy Mother's/Women's Day!