Saturday, December 25, 2010

Belly Ache


This Christmas ways perfect just like last years and the years previous. The festivities began last night (Christmas Eve) as my family gathered around the table for a nice Christmas dinner. Afterwards we watched a family movie I made. My nieces and nephews sang some songs and then we of course pigged out with delicious goodies and my moms famous cheese ball. Oh yeah, we opened presents and I got a beautiful watch, necklace, and earrings.

That night I went to bed at 9! I was exhausted and my body ached from working all morning. I didn't sleep well because my arms were very achy. I was too lazy to go upstairs and take some ibuprofen so I just let myself be in pain all night.

At 6:30 I got out of bed, tired of the pain in my arms and decided to get some ibuprofen. When I reached the top of the stairs I glanced in the family room and right there was my pile of gifts from Santa. Forgetting about my achy arms, I flipped on the light switched and walked to my pile. I got some pretty awesome gifts. Thank you Santa! I then took some medicine, talked to my mom for a little bit and then went back to bed for an hour.

After opening more presents and eating a delicious breakfast, my family went to my uncles house to visit my Grandma Rock. She's so cute! I love my Grandma! After that we went home and got ready to head up to Clearfield, UT to my brothers house for another family party. We had a delicious "linner" and then played games and pigged out some more. It was so much fun!

Christmas has once again reminded me of how blessed I am to be able to spend it with my family. It has also reminded me of my Savior, Jesus Christ. It's because of him that I am able to become the person I want to be. He has paved a path for me to return back to my Heavenly Father. I know that I don't suffer alone because of the atonement! I love him and will forever be grateful for the best gift he gave me!

I think I'll go to bed early tonight because I get to wake up bright and early in the morning...joy. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas holiday! Merry Christmas!

No comments: