Monday, April 28, 2014

Fight for Love - Journal Edition


"The four of us were sitting in our booth eating our pizza. Did I ever tell you how much I love Pizza Pie Cafe? It's so yummy. I was absolutely thrilled to be there, but not so much for the food. I was grateful to be there with my three beautiful roommates. These three strong women have been such a strength to me this past school year. My lovely roommate Mindy made each one of us an award. Each award was very fitting. Susan was awarded service. Perfect match. Miranda was awarded faith. Again, perfect match. And I was awarded love. I admit, I was completely thrown off. Love? Me? Wait, what? She handed me the award and I read the following: "Because if it's real and true, she'll fight for it. She'll love you unconditionally always." Those words have been ringing in my head since then. I do fight for what I love. I will always fight for what I love. Over the years and especially as of late, I have found it so easy to love people around me. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I have been strengthening my relationship with God. In doing so, it's really helped me see the good in others. It's hard for me to let go of those I love. That's probably why I fight for it. I do all that I can to keep it! I will fight until I can't anymore. I'm learning more about love. True love. I'm starting to understand what true love is as I continue to build my relationship with God. True love is worth fighting for. I will always fight for what I love." [April 2014]

No comments: