Friday, May 16, 2014

Airport Shenanigans and Oregon

I am currently sitting in the corner of the Rogue-Medford Oregon Airport. I arrived here too early to check in my baggage and go through security. Thus I resorted to sitting in the corner. This is a small airport. I've seen more employees than actual customers. For a while, it was just me and the employees. That was kind of exciting. Did I ever tell you I love airports? (That's excluding going through security. I don't really like security. Like really, REALLY, don't like going through security. Especially when you get the  pat down. That is NOT fun!) Other than that, I really like airports. It's probably the people that make it so fascinating. I like to observe people and their unique habits. You get to meet a variety of people with different lifestyles. Each airport is different too. This airport isn't as busy, because its a smaller airport. Oh also, I think it's funny that they have a bar here. I was referred by an employee to go there while I wait and get an ice cold beer on tap! I politely declined. I don't really like to drink before I fly. Who wants to fly drunk anyway? Oh and can we talk about dogs? There is a dog that is barking something fierce! Cute, but slightly annoying. I think I'll be putting in my ear buds and listen to some Carrie Underwood to drown out the barking. Cool...

I have mentioned in previous posts, I am here in Medford, OR for a business trip. I was flown out here for a few days to do some training. The training was okay and my coworkers are AWESOME! I had to do a lot of training modules and a comprehensive exam before I came out here. I got 100% on every module quiz and the exam! Then I get here and the training is pretty much  everything I learned in the training modules that I did. Let's just say I was oober bored. However, I did get to meet the CEO of the bank. He just happened to be in Medford the same time I was. He came and spoke to us for a good forty minutes! His speech about productivity within the bank was phenomenal! I thought he did a stellar job, especially since it was totally impromptu. 

The shuttle at the hotel was my favorite service! I cancelled my rental car, when I got here on Monday afternoon. I was told that I didn't need it. I also was under the impression that I could walk. (Which was actually true. I had to cross the street to get to my hotel and to the training office.) However, restaurants and shopping centers were at least three miles away. Rant: OREGON! YOU NEED TO WORK ON GETTING PAVED SIDEWALKS!!! Goodness gracious! Let's work on this, okay?! The shuttle took me everywhere and anywhere that I wanted to go! It took me to the bank, it took me to the mall, and it even took me to the Medford LDS Temple! They even gave me a card so that I could call them to come get me. I was very impressed by the service! It was wonderful!

This trip has been great and much needed. I needed to get out of Utah! I was able to do a lot of thinking. It helped that I was alone which forced me to rely a lot on the Lord. We've had some great discussions, He and I! I've enjoyed my stay here in Medford, but I am so ready to get back home. I've missed my family and my friends so much! The culture here is different than back home. It's been a great experience, but I am ready to get back to the Utah culture. I'm also ready to get back to work at the Provo branch. I have missed my coworkers!

Only two more hours until I board my plane. Peace out, Oregon! Its been real, it's been fun, but it hasn't be real fun! Happy Friday and happy weekend!