Sunday, April 20, 2014

Because of Him

Happy Easter! I woke up this morning with a whole lot gratitude in my heart. A beautiful Sunday dedicated to the Lord. My thoughts today were turned towards the Savior. How could I celebrate Easter without thinking about Jesus Christ? My heart was open to the spirit as I listened intently in Church. Sacrament meeting was very powerful! I felt like I was multitasking as I was listening to the speakers and reading different scriptures at the same time. One thing that really stood out to me was learning about grace.
God’s grace is sufficient. Jesus’s grace is sufficient. It is enough. It is all we need. Don’t quit. Keep trying. Don’t look for escapes and excuses. Look for the Lord and His perfect strength. Don’t search for someone to blame. Search for someone to help you. Seek Christ, and, as you do, you will feel the enabling power and divine help we call His amazing grace. -Brad Wilcox (His Grace Is Sufficient)
Powerful, right? This was exactly what I needed to hear. Moving forward, mission prep was AMAZING! We talked about the Gospel of Christ and why it's so important. Towards the end of class, we had a testimony meeting. It was powerful and I felt the spirit testify to me about the atonement! As I listened to the testimonies, I was completely astounded by the strength of the people in my class! They are all solid!!! The gospel truly does transform people! The atonement can change our hearts! How beautiful is that? Wow! Last of all, Relief Society was all about the sacrament! I feel like I take that 8-10 minutes for granted during the sacrament. I had a change of heart and made a goal to make those few minutes more meaningful. Let's be honest, those few minutes are the most important minutes of my whole week! To quietly and prayerfully think of the Savior and renew my covenants with Him and our Heavenly Father.

It's because of Jesus Christ that I can be happy! It's because of Him that I can be clean and made whole! It's because of Him that I can live with Him and my Heavenly Father again! My heart is so full of gratitude! I love him with all my heart! The gospel of Jesus Christ brings so much joy and hope! Where would I be without the gospel? I can't even fathom that. How grateful I am that I can repent and be transformed! The atonement helps me become the woman that Heavenly Father wants me to be. The atonement helps me understand that I am loved far more than I could understand. Amazing.


No comments: